Hawaii is beautiful, but the high cost of living and our small numbers mean that it is often difficult for us to meet our expenses, currently budgeted at $5,376 per month.
Over the years, a large percentage of our support has come from mainlanders who have adopted our Mission as their church away from home or otherwise taken an interest in supporting our work on the island. Some of this support has waned, and we have had a very difficult year financially.
We are grateful for every gift of love, and your prayers for for our community!
Make a one-time gift
Set up a monthly donation
You can also cancel or modify your recurring pledge.
If you already shop at Amazon.com, you can send a small percentage of every purchase to St. Juvenaly Mission by selecting it as a charity at smile.amazon.com.
In addition to “General” donations which support the day-to-day operations of the Mission, we have also setup a couple designated accounts:
- Charity - these funds are for giving away and outreach purposes.
- Building Fund - is strictly designated for the purchase land and construction. This is one of our major fundraising goals. We long to have a beautiful Orthodox temple for our worship, and as a witness to all of the people of the island.
- We are set up to receive gifts of securities so that you can receive the significant tax-advantages that may apply in some situations. To learn more, please get in touch.
- We would love to establish an endowment fund to support the long-term survival of our Mission. If this is something you would consider helping with, please get in touch.
- If you prefer to remain anonymous, you can give online through a site like JustGive.org and choose not to share your name or contact information. Also, please feel free to get in touch with our treasurer for any questions you may have. (JustGive takes a higher percentage of your gift than PayPal).
“Thine own of thine own we offer unto Thee, on behalf of all and for all.” As these words sound out each day of Liturgy, we are reminded that all we have and hold is form the love of God and truly belongs to Him. Our stewardship should be based on this truth and we simply give back of our first fruits of what we have received in our lives.
“CHRISTIAN STEWARDSHIP” is nothing less than God's call for us as His people to assist in managing the affairs of this earth with Him. We are called to be “friends of the bridegroom” and “co-workers with the Lord.” Our Stewardship consists of making responsible decisions about our time, health, talents, relationships, property, and all that makes up our lives.