Celebration of the Divine Liturgy in Hawaii by an Orthodox priest accompanying Kotzebue, captain of a Russian ship.
Hawaii 1778-1920 from the Viewpoint of a Bishop by Rt. Rv. Henry Bond Restarick, p. 48. Bishop Restarick cited this as the first Eucharist in Hawaii)
Hawaiʻi's first Orthodox church: Fort Elizabeth constructed on Kauai, housing a small Orthodox chapel.
7 Jan 1916
29 Dec 1916
Priest John T. Dorosh arrives to serve in Honolulu with his wife and the blessing of Archbishop (later Patriarch) Tikhon
Ss. Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church and St. Mark of Ephesus Russian Orthodox Mission (ROCOR) formed on Oahu.
St. Mark Mission becomes Holy Theotokos of Iveron Orthodox Church. In 1988, Ss. Constantine and Helen Church purchased their current property.
Greek Orthodox Mission formed on Maui. A Serbian Orthodox mission (now inactive) formed on Oahu.
St. Paul the Apostle Antiochian Orthodox Mission (later dissolved) established in Honolulu at Fort Shafter Army Base
The “Orthodox Christian Mission of Kona” (OCMK) established on the Big Island. (Previously priests from Oahu had visited the Big Island occasionally.)
Fr Sergius Naumann arrives to serve the Mission.
The Mission in Kona given the name “St. Juvenaly.” Fr. John arrived in December. Services were being held St. Paul's Catholic Church in Honalo.
St. Juvenaly Mission moved to the “Hualalai Gardens” location at the Palani Junction.
6 Jan 2013
Ocean blessing at Carlsmith Beach Park
Honomu property purchased for a Hilo-side mission.
Holy Ascension Orthodox Church formally established in Honomu, 11 miles north of Hilo.
Holy Ascension separates from St. Juvenaly Mission.
Kona location changes to St. Paul pavilion.
Fr. John departs St. Juvenaly Mission.
Fr. Matthew Tate assigned as "Priest in Charge".